Why study at South Downs College?
Our students are treated as individuals and learning is delivered to meet their unique needs. They benefit from excellent standards of teaching delivered by qualified and experienced lecturers.
We were graded as Outstanding in our Ofsted inspection
Ofsted Inspectors award an ‘Outstanding’ grade when colleges can show overall effectiveness in a range of areas. This includes:
- All learners achieving and making progress relative to their starting points and learning goals
- Achievement gaps are narrowed between different groups of learners
- Learners progress to courses leading to higher-level qualification and into jobs that meet local and national needs
- Learners benefit from high expectations, engagement, care, support and motivation from staff
We hold Beacon Status
This means that we have been recognised for our excellence and innovation as a further education provider.
We are committed to ensuring you succeed
Our Career Zone has been accredited by the Matrix Standard. This recognises that the quality of service provided is high and that we constantly review, evaluate and develop the service to ensure that it delivers the best possible experience for all of our learners.
As one of our students, you will be our top priority. We will work with you so that you can meet your personal targets and we will help you to achieve your goals. Our support includes:
- One-to-one and group tutorial programmes
- Progress reviews to make sure that you are meeting your targets
- Enrichment opportunities to enhance your programme of study or learn new skills
- Excellent Career Zone to help you plan for your future