ChallenegesPushing yourself and motivating others...
Life Experiences"...the possibilities are only restricted by the barriers that you create."
AdventureMotivated, passionate and eager to inspire others.
The Great OutdoorsBe all that you can be
Over the past four years the provision for Outdoor Adventure Education Courses has grown considerably at the College.
The Outdoor Courses provide practical and theoretical lessons for the students and utilise as many facilities as possible.
On-site the College have:
- Purpose built 7.5 metre climbing wall with abseil platform with varying grades in climbs from beginners to advanced.
- Equipment to climb on real rock surfaces, including anchors, ropes, harnesses and other essential equipment for groups of up to 30.
- Fleet of Kayaks to enhance paddling skills gain competency awards, including all safety equipment.
- Fleet of canoes to enhance paddling skills gain competency awards, including all safety equipment.
- Multiple surf boards of varying sizes to run sessions at a local beach along with all safety equipment.
- Over thirty wetsuits and pairs of wetsuit boots to be used in water based sessions.
- Tents of different sizes to be used on camping residential trips and expedition training, including D of E.
- Essential camping equipment including, Trangia stoves, roll mats, sleeping bags and spare clothing.
The College Climbing Wall is available free of charge to all students and staff, through either timetabled lessons or the enrichment program.
The wall provides 80 square meters of climbing with a variety of routes with changeable bolt on holds and featured panels. The choice of climbs go from easy to advance routes using all angles of the wall from the inclined slab through to the more challenging overhang.
Two styles of climbing can be used on the wall from beginner to intermediate sessions using a top roping system and advanced developments into lead climbing. Specialist lessons will also be able to face the challenges of the abseil platform.