Recruitment at South Downs College is underpinned by our College Behaviours and Values. They are the personal traits that are needed to achieve optimum performance in all job roles at the College.
- ‘I am a professional who will engage and encourage students with passion, reflect on their experience and take individual responsibility for my actions.’
- ‘I am approachable and supportive in order to motivate and inspire. I am committed to achieving aspirational outcomes for all of our students.’
- ‘I work with others as part of a team, sharing information and building effective working relationships, and together we take individual and collective responsibility for achieving cross-college goals.’
- ‘I anticipate, understand and meet stakeholder needs, find innovative solutions, and ensure high customer service, responding to the ever changing needs of our community.’
- ‘I reflect on my own performance and constantly look for ways to improve, taking responsibility for my own learning and development.’
- ‘I am flexible and open to embracing new ideas/standards to be innovative in my role and open to new challenges, sharing my experience and learning from others.’
- ‘I am an advocate for the College and its mission.’
- ‘I treat others with courtesy, respect, honesty and integrity.’
- ‘I contribute to improvements in efficiency, productivity and environmental impact and I treat College resources with the same care I would my own.’
- ‘I accept nothing less than the best from myself and colleagues, give positive feedback and praise but also challenge poor performance and mediocrity.’
We are in the process of developing an exciting partnership with Havant Sixth Form College, with plans to merge in August 2017. This will allow for improved service provision within our community and will affect recruitment opportunities.
Employees of the College can access a range of benefits such as:
- On site student run facilities including hair and beauty salon, restaurant and gym
- Development and training opportunities and discounts on some College courses
- Onsite nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- GAYE – Tax savings on charity giving
- Pension scheme – LGPS and TP
- Enhanced holidays over statutory minimum
- Free occupational health service
- Free flu vaccinations
- Financial contribution towards eye test and glasses
- Employee assistance programme that offers advice on work/career, housing, relationships, children, finance, pensions, your rights, health and wellbeing, management support and retirement
- Ability to purchase NUS Extra card
- Access to Costco wholesale membership
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- KAARP, an employee benefits discount website that offers a range of discount across areas such as entertainment, finance, health, motoring and shopping
South Downs College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) in respect of both children and vulnerable adults, and to provide proof of their right to work in the UK.
South Downs College is committed to equal opportunities for all students and staff, regardless of race, gender, age, physical disability, political, sexual orientation or religious affiliations or marital status, and is fundamental to the ethos of the College. Equality of opportunity and respect for the individual are part of the College’s principles and values, and the College welcomes the benefits that a diverse workforce brings to the Corporation.
Application Form Guidelines
CVs are not accepted unless accompanied by a completed application form. Please allow sufficient time for your application to reach us by sending your application back before noon on the closing date. It is also important that you use the correct postage, as insufficient postage on a large envelope (such as A4 size) will delay the arrival of your application.
Complete the application pack on your computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org OR print the application pack and return your completed pack to: Human Resources, South Downs College, College Road, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 8AA.
If you wish to send your application via e-mail you do not need to complete the signature section, but please enter the date. We will obtain your signature on the day of interview, should you be shortlisted.
Application Forms are available online for each job listed. We thank you for your interest in our opportunities, however no further communication will be sent unless you are called for interview. Successful applicants will be called for interview within two weeks of the closing date.
Thank you very much for your interest in working South Downs College.