Skills for Life Intensive Programme – Improve Your Employment Prospects
Students aged 19+ who need to improve their English skills in preparation for employment or further study. The course will enable students to: - Work towards a City & Guilds qualification in Functional Skills English - Work towards a City & Guilds qualification in Functional Skills maths - Develop employability, teamwork and community skills - Improve self-esteem and confidence - Plan for future careers or college courses
The course is flexible and can include some or all of the following units:
– Improving English Skills – reading, writing, punctuation, spelling, grammar
– Improving maths skills – number, measurement, data handling
– Personal Development and Teamwork course – includes project work
– Advice and Guidance course – CV writing, job hunting skills, application forms
Students are taught in small groups (maximum 15 students).
Initial Assessments of students are undertaken at the start of the course to assess individual needs and learning style.
– Progression to complete City & Guilds English qualification
– City & Guilds or Edexcel maths qualification
– Prince’s Trust Award in Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills
– Career Action plan
Students are invited to attend ongoing courses to achieve a full English qualification.
Any further questions about this course, please call Toni on 023 9279 7904
Office Use: 23/11/2015