Health and Social Care – BTEC Level 1 Diploma
Are you interested in starting a career in Early Years or Health and Social Care environments? The BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care may be the right path for you. This is a full time course, suitable for school leavers (16 - 19 year olds).
Applicants should have achieved mainly E grades in your GCSEs.
You will also need to demonstrate a keen interest in working with children and vulnerable adults.
This course is made up of 11 units, including:
- Communication with Adults and Children in the Health and Social Care Sector
- Learning Experiences for Children and Young People
- Promoting Healthy Eating in Care
- Job Opportunities in Health and Social Care.
You will also have the chance to complete short courses in subjects such as Mental Health, Sexual Health and Substance Misuse Awareness, as an integrated part of your programme.
This course includes written and practical work; you will complete projects and assignments. You will also undertake valuable work experience with children and adults.
All units are assessed and graded individually to decide on an overall grade for your qualification.
Assessments include project work and various assignments.
You will need writing materials for your studies. The College provides textbooks in class when needed. You are also required to wear a College T-shirt when on work experience.
Successful students will achieve the BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Successful students, who have completed positive work experience placements, will have the opportunity to progress onto either the Level 2 First Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development, or the Level 2 First Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Alternatively, you can apply to traineeships or apprenticeships in Early Years and Health and Social Care.
This course will:
- Provide you with an understanding of the knowledge, skills and types of care needed to work with children and adults in Early Years and Care environments
- Develop your personal skills in areas such as team working, career planning, communication and problem solving
- Help you to build up the skills you need to either continue studying or start work.
If you would like further advice or guidance please contact Reception on freephone 0800 056 0511.