Bookkeeping Level 1
The introductory level is your portal to key single-entry manual bookkeeping skills. As a standalone qualification, or as a first step towards the intermediate and advanced levels, it will allow you to move up to further study in bookkeeping, accountancy or computerised accounts. The Introductory level will suit you if:
- you’d like a solid introduction to bookkeeping – or just a refresher
- you need bookkeeping skills for your small business
- you’re returning to work and you’re interested in running bookkeeping services for local businesses
- you’re not currently in employment or training and you need workplace skills.
Basic numeracy skills including the use of a calculator. Telephone interview required to ensure suitability of course
The Introductory level consists of four units:
- Introduction to bookkeeping
- Working within bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping and accounts
- Spreadsheet software
The course will involve thirty three hours in total including two online examinations. Students will be expected to undertake weekly homework in order to consolidate their studies.
Computer based assessments
Please bring pen, ruler, non-scientific calculator, A4 lined paper and a ring binder to the first class. Some specialist accounting paper will be provided.
AAT Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping.
AAT Bookkeeping – Intermediate level, Computerised Accounts Level 1.
To study AAT Bookkeeping qualifications you’ll need to register with the AAT. For fee details and to start your registration, please visit www.aat.org.uk/register
This course information is accurate at the time of printing, but is subject to change.
Office use: 21/06/2016