Adobe Photoshop for Beginners
Based on student feedback we have revised the Beginners and Improvers Photoshop course into a single, longer format course with more time to practice and develop skills in this application. Adobe Photoshop is the world's number one software for editing and manipulating photographic images. This course is aimed at students who have never used Photoshop before and will provide a comprehensive introduction to using some of the extensive features available to undertake basic image editing and manipulation. The course is ideal for people that want to know simple and quick techniques through to more complex image manipulation techniques that the software has to offer.
No experience in using computer graphic applications is necessary but you should have experience of using the internet, good file and folder management and it would be useful if you are familiar with common software applications e.g. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
On this course you will cover the following topics:
– Exploring the Photoshop interface
– Exploring and using layers – making sense of layers
– Simple image correction – exposure and colour correction
– Cropping, red eye removal and filter effects
– Exploring colour – black & white, sepia, hue & saturation
– Making selections – moving objects from one photo to another
– Simple photo restoration techniques, removing dust and scratches
– Layer styles and FX – adding shadows, stroke, bevel and emboss
– Creating panoramic images – photomerge
– Brushes, paint bucket and gradient tools
– Saving, printing and image file formats
– Creating a Photo Montage
– Exploring the type tool – adding and manipulating text, text fx
– Exploring adjustment and clipping layers
– Using the shape tool to create logos and image effects
– Exploring layer masks – colour, exposure, combining images
– Exploring Actions to create stunning image effects – downloading, importing and creating
– Portrait retouching – skin, eyes, makeup, hair
– Advanced exposure and colour correction – levels, curves, channels
– Photo Restoration – patch tool, picture re-builds, removing and adding people
– Auto aligning photos and focus stacking – combing pictures to get the perfect shot
– Creating a Magazine cover
Each topic will be introduced with relevant tuition/demonstrations/handouts followed by tasks for practice.
Students will be assessed through the development of a portfolio of work covered throughout this course.
No additional equipment or materials are required.
You will be awarded with a College Certificate outlining the skills you have obtained during this course.
After completing this course you could progress on to the Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or Dreamweaver course.
If you would like further information about the courses on offer please contact Nathan Orchard email@example.com or direct dial telephone number 023 9279 7905.
This course information is accurate at the time of printing but is subject to change.
Office Use: 16/06/2015